1. Ms. Monster was having discipline problem with her English class. What questioning technique should she considered to sustain students’ attention?
a. Ask low-level thinking questions
b. Ask difficult questions
c. Ask varied questions
d. Ask stimulating questions
2. Teacher Abby is partial to experiential or learner –centered teaching. Which of the following strategies will she least engage in?
a. Deductive discovery
b. Problem solving
c. Lecture – discussion
3. Choose two questions that could promote development of critical thinking
a. Those that ask for factual information
b. Those that call for application
c. Those that require description
d. Those that require use of a rule
4. What lesson would be very useful in mastering science and mathematical facts, social science concepts, oral spelling and vocabulary development?
5. Which strategy provides the learners with more information rather than application?
6. Teacher Justin often use the inquiry approach in Science teaching. What would be the emphasis in this approach?
a. Verbal interaction with classmate
b. Verbal interaction with the teacher
c. Pupils manipulation of several materials
d. Testing tentative solutions to a problem
7. Which types of lesson requires viewing old facts and concepts in a new setting?
d. Supervised study
8. A teaching approach that brings the learner to continuously learn from their experience through analysis of their own actions, and beliefs in the light of alternative hypothesis is referred to as ________
a. Creative teaching
b. Reflective teaching
c. Problem solving
d. Experiential learning
9. An act which involves activities at effecting learning is:
10. Which teacher’s statement illustrates a reduction technique of questioning?
a. Another. Paulo?
b. What is conservation?
c. Well, do you think they are the same?
d. What do you think is the reason?
11. Which objective could be taught best using inquiry method?
a. To interpret the first stanza of the poem
b. To illustrate how magnet is being used
c. To distinguish living form non-living things
d. To summarize the story
12. The closure of a lesson is as important as “set induction” which of the following statement would be an effective way of closing a lesson?
a. It’s already time, see you tomorrow
b. There’s the bell, Good bye!
c. Time is over. Get ready
d. Before we end, state our science concept again
13. In which of the following classroom activities would process approach be appropriate?
a. When the learners observe and take down observation of samples
b. When the class closes a lesson with the learning concept
c. When the teacher asks the class to enumerate the processes used
d. When the teacher introduces the new lesson
14. Ms. Kris, an Araling Panlipunan teacher begins her lessons with the identification of a problem to let the students gain some control of the learning situation. What exploratory method of teaching is used?
15. Ms. Jackson often teaches content-oriented subject matter in a traditional way. Which of these strategies does she therefore often use?
d. Problem solving
16. In her the class, Ms. Jane provides her students enough practice often showing and explaining formal and informal even with less student participation, but a lot of content be covered in a short period of time. What method is applied?
a. Deductive discovery
17. Teacher Yolly has been teaching social studies with the intent of providing the student with more knowledge and information even with less student participation, but a lot of content be covered in a short period of time.
18. To make sure of a 100% student participation, teacher Andrew grouped his class into several small groups to make them talk about family practices during all Saints Day. What discussion technique is shown?
19. The class divided into opposing teams on a topic discussing the effects of technology. One team takes the positive stands, where the other one deals on the negative effects. What discussion technique is this?
20. Which step of the lesson would ask for a conclusion or generalization form the students after a lesson has been taught?
21. Which of the following theories supports John Dewey’s “learning by doing??”
d. Concept teaching
22. Students expect to get the latest and most reliable information from an expert, the teacher, about a certain topic. For this purpose, which would be the best strategy that teacher must use?
b. Field trip
23. Which method would promote rapport; respect for other’s viewpoints, submission majority’s choice and concern for individual differences?
a. Group discussion
b. Laboratory method
c. Peer mediated
d. Cooperative learning
24. Which method involves having the students engaged in meaningful experiences in effectively results to the development of higher-level thinking and scientific process skills
a. Inquiry method
b. Project method
c. Concept method
d. Problem solving method
25. Which of the following principles of effective instruction concerns the proper ordering learning tasks?
a. Principle of context
b. Principle of focus
c. Principle of individualization
d. Principle of sequence
26. To determine whether or not her students gained mastery of learning, Mrs. Salve gave long test after finishing several lessons in a unit on matter. What kind of evaluation does she give?
a. Summative evaluation
b. Formative evaluation
d. diagnostic test
27. All of the items, EXCEPT ONE, are questions to consider in selecting instructional material. Which is the exception?
a. It is up-to-date
b. Does it match the instructional objectives?
c. It is durable and audible?
d. Is it suited to the level of the students?
28. Which of the following is the aim of Classroom Management?
a. Minimize classroom noise
b. Increase occurrence of discipline problems
c. Maximize the use of classroom time for productive activities
d. Decrease time spent on tasks
29. When Mr. Garcia tells his class what the objectives of the present lesson is, what type of learning is he using?
30. Mrs. Blanco prepared an instrumental material that she thinks can be used for several types of learners and for different purposes. The principle she considered here is that
31. A non-traditional teacher, Mr. Ramos likes to use control and discipline in his class not necessarily to eliminate misbehaviours but, as classroom management emphasize, to
a. Make students “prim and proper” at all times
b. Help them obey all school rules and regulations
c. Reduce the frequency of occurrence of inappropriate behaviours
d. Increase quality of learning
32. Mrs. Adame often scolds students who commit mistakes even in front of the other members of the class. What basic principle in discipline is she going against?
a. Students must be helped to recognize their misbehaviour
b. Respect pupil dignity
c. Private correction is better than public correction
d. The response to misbehaviour must be consistent and fair
33. Because Arnulfo is seriously ill and has to stay at home, his teacher prepared a learning kit containing activities that cover all lessons his classmates are also having in school. What mode of instruction delivery is used in this situation?
a. Informal education
b. Distance education
c. Non – formal education
d. Mastery of learning
34. Mr. Cruz provides lesson activities for each of the different groups of learners in his class. What basic principle in selecting learning activities does he employ?
a. Learning activities should consider the laws of learning
b. Learning activities have to be interactive
c. Learning activities must suit the subject matter
d. Present abstract ideas must be multi – level and varied
35. The items follow state the reason for using instructional materials and/or tools, EXCEPT ONE: Which is the exception?
a. Make instruction effective at less cost
b. Increase students interest for learning
c. Provide entertainment to students
d. Present abstract ideas in more concrete terms
36. Mrs. Tinio wants to use more concrete things that are the equivalent of real object for her Grade 1. Their lesson is about animals and their kids. However, she cannot take out the class since no prior arrangement has been done for this. What is the closest possible type of instruction materials can she used instead?
a. Audio tapes
c. Photographic prints
37. Miss Cabrera wants to know what knowledge and skills her students already have about the Philippine during the American period. What kind of evaluation instrument would she possibly use?
a. Formative evaluation
c. Summative evaluation
d. Achievement test
38. This type of classroom management involves attention to what which creates the best use of available space. Which type is it?
a. Time management
b. Routine and procedure
d. Physical environment
39. What routinary activity would be best to use to start the class?
a. Ringing bell
b. Greeting each other
c. Making student line up
d. Asking the students to clean the room
40. If a pupil asks permission to go to the rest room while the class is going on, which may be done to avoid class disruption?
a. Stop the lesson and let all students go to the rest room
b. Stop the lesson and let the pupil go
c. Tell the pupil to seat down instead
d. Simply nod while continuing the lesson
41. After presenting the lesson to the class, what could be the logical step to take to develop a lesson well?
a. Provide concluding activities
b. Evaluate the learning gained
c. Provide further gained
d. Engage student in doing relevant activities
42. One of the following items NOT among the considerations that a teacher should make in the presentation of new lesson, which is it?
a. The relation of the new information to previous learning
b. Information regarding the lesson objective
c. High involvement of students
d. Logical organization and a smooth transition
43. Time management is one important aspects of classroom management. Which of the following teacher behaviours is part of time management?
a. Maintaining group alertness
b. Creating orderly movement in class
c. Checking attendance
d. Keeping pupil’s attention engaged during instruction
44. Which behaviour is NOT an acceptable routine procedure when distributing list of activities that students need to do?
a. give the activity cards one by one
b. have the pupils come to you one by one
c. ask a leader to distribute them
d. give the cards to the first pupil in each row with the instruction for him to “get one and pass the other”
45. Which of the following statement is NOT True?
a. Evaluation helps determine how well students learned
b Evaluation provides feedback regarding success or failure
c. Evaluation is used only as basis of student grade
d. Evaluation helps in determining specific learning errors that need correction
46. Which statement about lesson plan is LEAST accepted?
a. Lesson plan should be in constant state of revision
b. A good daily lesson plan ensures a better discussion
c. Students should never see a teacher using a lesson plan
d. All teachers regardless of their experience should have daily lesson plan
47. Which objective is in lowest level in Bloom’s taxonomy of cognitive domain
a. To draw conclusions from a set of data
b. To identify places mentioned in the story
c. To differentiate low from high level of degrees
d. To explain the procedure in changing improper fraction to mixed number
48. Aims are general statements of objectives which are derived from the ultimate Philosophy of Education. Which is an example of this kind of objective?
a. Show the difference between men and women in the universe
b. Develop responsible citizens mean and women in the universe
c. Identify the strategies in problem solving
d. Develop physical skills
49. When you observed the teacher reviewing the plan with the class assigning students to check the activities on the day’s agenda that are completed, what form of a plan is being described?
50. In planning instruction, there are common errors that teacher make which weaken the effectiveness of their plans. Which of these will you avoid so that your instructional plans will become successful?
a. Considering the needs and characteristics
b. Relying entirely on textbooks and other aids when planning
c. Using varied teaching strategies and activities in one’s plan
d. Emphasizing the use of higher level objective in lesson planning